The state governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu made the announcement while addressing journalists at the scene of the explosion on Monday.
Governor Sanwo-Olu, who disclosed that the sum of N250 million will be released immediately by the state government, urged well-meaning Nigerians and organisations to contribute to the fund.
The governor also announced that an investigative committee has been set up to look into the incident behind the explosion.
The investigative committee will be headed by the deputy governor, Obafemi Hamzat.
The committee has been given two weeks to do an extensive investigation into the cause of the incident and what needs to be done to ensure that this does not repeat itself again.
Members of the committee include Commissioner for Special Duty as the co-chairman; Commissioner for Education; Commissioner for Finance; Commissioner for Environment; Permanent Secretary; the Ministry of Health, Permanent Secretary; Works and Infrastructure; the Commissioner of Police or the Deputy Commissioner of Police will also be part of the committee.
Others include the Senior Special Assistant on Security; Chairman of the Local government; Representative of the CDC and CDA; Representative of St. Bethlehem Girls college; Commissioner for the Ministry of Physical Planning; Representative of the NNPC; National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA), and two representatives of the host community.
Governor Sanwo-Olu also adds that he will be meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari later today to ask for his assistance.
President Buhari had earlier on Sunday sympathised with victims of the Abule-Ado explosion which he described as a black Sunday.
He sent his condolence to the victims, their families, government and people of Lagos State.
Abule-Ado Explosion Hit Navy Hospital
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Navy Referral Hospital Ojo was affected by an explosion that occurred at Abule Ado, Lagos, the Spokesperson, Western Naval Command Lagos, Commander Thomas Otuji said in a statement.
According him, there were substantial damage done to the ceilings in the hospital. The hospital has also received and attended to casualties from the explosion site.
“The hospital attended to 55 persons made up of 36 school children and 19 adults. One of the adults had about 35 per cent mixed degree burns with inhalation injuries and pulmonary edema.
“The patient has been admitted into the Intensive Care Unit and connected to a ventilator. Seven other adult and two children are on admission in the Wards while two adults had Traumatic Brain Injury and were referred to LUTH for neurosurgical intervention.
“The remaining 43 have been treated and discharged. Unfortunately, three people were brought in dead, two females and a Male”, the Navy Spokesman in Lagos said.
StreetReporters.ng is your BREAKING NEWS platform.
Do you have Breaking news or Opinion article for us?
Call: 0817 504 7979
Or Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org (your email MUST have a telephone contact number to get published)
Follow Us on Twitter @streetreporters
Join Our Fans on Facebook: facebook.com/streetreporters.ng
Visit Our Website: www.StreetReporters.ng
The Street Reporters Newspaper is your BREAKING NEWS platform. Do you have Breaking news or Opinion article for us? | *Call: +234 817 504 7979 | Or Email Us: email@example.com | Follow Us on Twitter https://twitter.com/streetreporters | Join Our Fans on Facebook: https://facebook.com/streetreporters.ng | Follow us on Instagram https://intagram.com/streetreporters | Advertise With Us: +2348035823617 | Visit Our Website: www.StreetReporters.ng