This post has already been read 60 times!
By Citizen Agba Jalingo
- The vision of Bengioshuye, the son of Ngayi, which he saw concerning River Cross, before he was formed in his mother’s womb.
- When the heavens gave heed and the earth gave ear and the Lord spake forth saying: Hear O Heavens, Hear O Earth, for I have nourished and brought up a child from thine vineyard and his name shalt be Benedict. A descendant of Kakum, from amongst the tribe of the mountains. For he shalt come forth and occupy the throne of thy fathers and his kingdom shalt be greatly established.
- And it came to pass that in the fifteenth year after the one score millennium, during the reign of King Jonathan over the Rock of Aso in the Niger Area, when Liyel reigned over the southern province of River Cross, that a multitude of the tribes came together to choose a new king that will rule over the southern province of River Cross.
- And when the time hath come nigh, when all the tribes were gathered, the Igamites, the Ejagamites, the Atamites and all the other tribes of the southern province of River Cross, that the priest, Michael the son of Igini, laid forth all the noble men of the kingdom, whosoever desireth to sit on the throne of their fathers according to the tradition of the tribes and spake to them saying:
- This day have I laid before thee, all the noble men of the southern province of River Cross, according to the tradition of our fathers. I beseech thee, all ye circumcised members of the tribe to choose from amongst them whosoever thou so desireth, to sit on the throne of thy fathers and surely, thy will shalt stand.
- And it came to pass that Benedict, the son of Ngayi, found favor before the people and was chosen to sit on the throne of his fathers. And all the elders of the tribes, along with all the circumcised members of the kingdom caused Benedict to ride upon the royal mule and brought him before the prophet, Ikpi the son of Itam at Cali.
- And Ikpi the prophet took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Benedict. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Benedict. And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.
- And when the people heard that Benedict the son of Ngayi had become king over his province, they rejoiced and proclaimed an end to their tribulations and all River Cross came and spake to Benedict, saying, “Thy predecessors made our yoke grievous: now therefore ease thou somewhat the grievous servitude of thy predecessors, and their heavy yoke that they put upon us, and we will serve thee.
- And he said unto them: Blessed be the day ye set me upon the throne of my fathers and blessed shall be the fruit of our land, our basket and our store. Under my reign, I shall command blessings upon our land and in all that we settest our hands unto. King Benedict shall open unto this land, good treasure, and heaven shall give rain unto our land and we shalt lend unto many nations and shalt not borrow. And the people rejoiceth greatly at the promise of the king.
- And it came to pass, when Benedict, son of Ngayi, King of River Cross, had established the kingdom, and had strengthened himself, he forsook the law of the Lord, and all River Cross with him. And it came to pass, that in the fifth year of king Benedict, courtiers in the royal courtyard began to murmur and came up against the king, saying: why hast thou forsaken thy Lord and thy people all with thee?
To be continued….
Citizen Agba Jalingo.